Beat the odds, Bet on Love with eHarmony
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- A matchmaking site from the USA that is now gaining a lot of traction in Australia with over 1,500,000 members already signed up!
- Their scientific Compatibility Matching System matches singles based on a 29 factors... and has been especially reworked for the Australian population.
- Perfect for people on the lookout for a serious relationship or marriage: "eHarmony: a relationship site, not a dating site".
- There is a rather long questionnaire singles must fill out before receiving the results of their Compatibility Matching test.
- You won't be able to set up an account if no matches are found for you.
- Users can take the Test and receive their evaluation for free: included is viewing your matches. However, for unlimited communication you'll have to become a premium member
48 : 52
This is eHarmony.com.au:
Login to eHarmony.com.au: What to expect
Unlike other matchmaking sites, you don't just sign up and login to eHarmony.com.au. First, you begin a test that will determine your personality (based on 29 "keys" or aspects) which will be put through their Compatibility Matching System. The test is somewhat long, however the questions are very in-depth and are effective at matching you with potential partners. In this case, you'll be drawing from a pool of over 1,500,000 Australian members. Searching isn't possible either: you'll only see the matches you're given.
Communicating with singles is a lot easier as well. This is especially thanks to the presence of their Guided Communication feature, which gives you advice on communication style when talking to other members.
The type of members found on Harmony Australia
For singles in Australia, eHarmony is slowly becoming one of the more popular online dating choices - mainly when it comes to looking for a serious partner. So, in other words, this is not the site you should go to if all you're looking for is a quick fling. People here are serious about finding someone with average member ages being between 25 and 34.
Prices: What are eHarmony's costs?
EHarmony's costs don't kick in until you've done the Compatibility Matching Test. You can read your evaluation for free, and even take a look at your matches. From time time, there are also "free communication weekends" available where non-premium members can talk to one another. There are also other forms of limited communication, but in order to send and receive unlimited messages you'll have to pay a subscription.
eHarmony.co.au is a subsidiary of the eHarmony INC site which is one of the most successful match making sites in the USA.
eHarmony.com.au: composition of members
- Number of registered members at eHarmony.com.au:
- 1,500,000 million registered users in Australia.
- Over 33 million members worldwide.
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 48 : 52
- Age distribution:
Average age of users:
- Women : 25-34 years old
- Men : 25-34 years old
Matching procedure of eHarmony.com.au:
- Steps to success:
- Complete a relationship questionnaire to receive your free personality profile.
- Partner matches and suggestions.
- Choose a payment plan to communicate.
- … Start dating!
- Quantity of proposed partners:
- The number of matches (which is usually a lot) you get depends on where you live.
- Even with the free option, you can see a lot of information about your matches for free.
- Quality of the matching algorithm:
- The eHarmony Compatibility Matching algorithm is based on 29 key dimensions of relationships. It digs deep in order to find out what makes you tick. While it may bring you partner suggestions, it can also be an interesting test to find out more about your personality.
- Given contact guarantee:
- EHarmony does not guarantee that the people they match to you will suit your personality, tastes and preferences.
- Quality of user profiles:
- You can actually see quite a lot of information on your proposed matches’ profiles. This is enough to give you an idea of what that person is like, and whether you would be interested in meeting up with them.
Technical aspects of eHarmony.com.au
- Special features:
- Secure call option (while maintaining your privacy) with your matches.
- You can connect with eHarmony’s Facebook page.
- Choose 5 questions and send them to your match in order to get to know him/her better.
- Outstanding Mobile App.
- Handling and design:
- The design is modern, clear and well-structured.
eHarmony.com.au cost and fees
- Free services:
- Review profiles.
- Send Icebreakers.
- Free Mobile App download.
- Get your personality profile.
- It is now free to communicate.
- Premium services
With the Basic Plan, you can enjoy unlimited communication.
- 24 months = $13.95/month
- 12 months = $19.95/month
- 6 months = $44.95/month
- 3 months = $50.95/month
- 1 months = $64.95
Features also include viewing match photos, send/receive mails and communication requests. You can also call matches without revealing your number.
- Payment options:
- Debit or credit cards (Visa and MasterCard)
All eHarmony subscriptions will automatically renew 24 hours before they expire.
eHarmony.com.au - about the company
- eHarmony Australia
Sydney, NSW 2000
eHarmony Australia offers a Help Center which is available Monday to Friday between 6am and 8pm AEDT and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm AEDT. You can call, email or chat with a support specialist.
- Cool TV commercials of eHarmony.com.au: