One of our recommendations in the category
"Niche Dating Sites":
LOVE IS HERE
GamerDating.com review 2017:
Gamerdating.com is an online dating site active since 2009 and run by gamers – and one that is aimed at other gamers who are looking for love or romance. The site claims a no-nonsense attitude to finding a romantic partner: someone to whom you don’t have to justify your gaming hobby.
Gamerdating claims over 5,000 members and is also available worldwide.
GamerDating: An Online Community
While GamerDating is focused on romance, it is also an online community where users can come together and discuss games. Which of course means you can read user reviews of games and get to know newer releases. GamerDating therefore also functions as a hub of interaction for gaming singles who looking to combine their search for love with their hobby. That being said, the communities on the site do tend to be somewhat lacking. The developers claim that things will be sorted out and more features will be added in the future.
Features on GamerDating
Most of the features on GamerDating, when it comes to online dating at least, seem to be rather basic. They do have a rudimentary matchmaking system: when you first sign up, you have to choose at least three of your favourite games to display on your profile. Of course, you can also search for users. All profiles must have a real photo, so…
…the chance of fakes is a lot lower than most niche dating sites.
When it comes to other online dating features, members can participate in free chat, messaging and comment in communities (which are not a bad place to get to know someone…). You can also…
- …put all of your photos in a gallery to give others a better impression of what you look like. Some people even have their avatars from various games displayed in galleries.
- A “Game Centre” newsfeed with updates from the gaming world so that you are always in the loop, as well as the latest trailers of what’s coming out and gaming reviews.
- A very large, detailed section covering the area of online dating tips and advice.
Premium Member: Gold & Silver
Two premium membership subscriptions are available: Gold “Quest” and Silver “Quest”. Silver is two months whereas Gold for four months. New users get two days of free messaging in order to try it out, but afterwards free membership only allows you to browse the site. For effective communication with other gamer singles on GamerDating.com, it’s best to become a premium member.
GamerDating.com - Costs:
- You can sign up, browse the site and get two days messaging for free.
- Subscriptions start at $17.50/month.