One of our recommendations in the category
"Niche Dating Sites":
Stay Positive! Find Love, Support & Hope!
PositiveSingles.com review 2018:
PositiveSingles.com is another golden oldie of a dating site, harking back to 2002. The main focus here is singles with STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). Since many people suffering from STDs find that their dating lives have become a lot more difficult (primarily due to stigma), PositiveSingles aims to help improve the situation and get sufferers back out into the dating world.
There is no discrimination when it comes to the kind of illness you have, as…
...PositiveSingles.com features singles with everything from herpes to HIV.
Over 1,000,000 singles have already joined the STD dating site, and that number continues to grow. Not only does it function as a place to meet other singles, but PositiveSingles also acts as a community to help and support those who are trying to live with their illness.
PositiveSingles Help & Support Community
PositiveSingles offers a rich variety of resources for people who come to the site. STDs blogs are constantly being updated, featuring news about what is going on in the area of medical research (particularly interesting for those with serious conditions). There is also a live dating advisor, which is especially useful for people who’ve been out of the dating game for a while. Other particularly interesting services of note include:
- STD Q & A Live Counselor: This comes in the form of an actual forum where you can post questions and read answers. There is a feature where you can post a question anonymously and be alerted when someone in the forums actually answers it.
- An online chat room where you can simply sign up and chat with other people. You do have to sign up and register to PositiveSingles before you can make use of the feature.
- A comprehensive list of STD care locations can also be found. Bear in mind that only a few countries and locations are featured, including South Africa, Australia, the USA, the UK, Canada and Brazil.
Dating on PositiveSingles.com: How it Works
PositiveSingles really isn’t very different from a lot of other online personals sites. It is only much more focused on those who are living with STDs, and offers a range of extra support features. Other than that, you simply set up a profile and search for members. Setting up a profile can be done via the desktop version, or you can choose mobile with either the Android or iOS Positive Singles app.
Extra Features for Premium Members
By upgrading your membership, you can boost your profile’s visibility on the site hence increasing your chances of being contacted. A personal STD counselor can also be contacted by either email or live chat, and all premium members benefit from access to 24/7 phone support. Don’t forget: a “quick exit” button is available for people who want to keep their access to the site on the down-low.
PositiveSingles.com - Costs:
- It's free to sign up and use the chatroom.
- For subscription and access to premium features, prices began at $15.95/month