|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- Probably one of the oldest online dating sites in the world.
- Great for finding contacts both in Australia and abroad.
- Puts on a lot of fun events for singles.
- To increase the possibility of being found, singles can additionally purchase a "booster."
- A lot of the site's functions are only available if you are a Premium user.
- Pricing is quite affordable, however.
56 : 44
This is Match.com:
Our Experience with Match.com
Experience is one thing that Match.com definitely has on its side when comes to online dating. Founded in 1995, it was originally a service provided for singles in the USA but has since grown into a global dating provider. There are well over 60 million members on the site globally, and more keep joining every day. Overwhelmingly, our own personal experience of Match during the revie was very positive indeed!
What Sort of Singles Will You Find on Match.com?
Match is an online dating platform designed for all kinds of singles, so theoretically there is something for every. Whether you're looking for casual dating, something serious and long-term or just want to meet new people, every need is catered to. You can also search for other users internationally, which is particularly useful if you are travelling and want to find someone to show you around. Age-wise members tend to be between 20-30 on average.
What is free on Match.com?
You can register for free on Match, and there is also a questionnaire to fill out which will giveo ther singles a better idea of your personality and who you are. However, the form doesn't give you partner suggestions like matchmaking sites do. Rather, it is there to simply provide more information. You can search for other members using a filter. If you want to start a conversation, though, then you'll have to pay.
Match.com is the most famous dating site worldwide.
Match.com: composition of members
- Number of registered members at Match.com:
- 60,000,000 members have used it worldwide
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 56 : 44
- Age distribution:
- Average age of users:
- Men: 25-30 years
- Women: 25-30 years
Matching procedure of Match.com:
- Quality of user profiles:
- Possibility to add up to 26 personal photos.
- There are a lot of detailed forms on the profile. This allows you to elaborate about yourself.
- Make sure to fill in the section labelled ‘My Date’. This is where you can list of all of the traits and characteristics that you find desirable. It is of course always a good idea not to be too specific.
- Match finder - newsletter with matching member profiles.
- Match at Mobile Match scan your photos for you if you send them by mail.
Technical aspects of Match.com
- Special features:
Boost your visibility
- Improve your chances of being found for an extra fee.
- Match.com now runs a number of singles events in 21 cities across the country.
- If you wish (and you are a selected) Match uses your profile in their advertising.
- Don’t forget about the Match.com Dating 101 section where you will find not only advice, but blogs and videos and more.
- Match at Mobile Match scan your photos for you if you send them by mail
- Based on your search criteria, you will receive 6 matches or partner suggestions every day. You can also rate them with yes, no or maybe.
- Handling and design:
- Professional and simple design, yet personal.
- The website is clearly arranged and easy to use.
- Pages load quickly, technically flawless.
- Possibility to see who's online
- Daily profile matches
- You can send a "wink" to each other
- You can see who has visited your profile
- Search filters:
- Reciprocal Matching
- You can save your search profile
Match.com cost and fees
- Free services:
- You can post a profile with photo
- You can browse through members' personals
- You can make a free personality test and add the results to your profile
- Premium services
For unlimited communication with your matches, there are several prices options:
- 6 months = $22.60/month
- 3 months = $29.60/month
- 1 month = $43.06
This will allow you to respond to flirts, personals and get to know other singles better.
- Payment options:
- Credit and debit card
Your contract will be automatically renewed if you haven’t cancelled.
Match.com - about the company
P.O. Box 25458
8300 Douglas Avenue
- Under the contact page, you can send a message to MatchAffinity.
- Cool TV commercials of Match.com: